Elemental Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Conquest

Come and join the adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[C] Freedom

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

[C] Freedom - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 am

Brynjolf nodded and padded toward his own room.

"Goodnight."

He muttered before heading to bed himself. He flopped onto his bed, kicking off his boots, letting his belt and weapons clatter to the floor before yanking off his tunic and eyepatch, tossing them away carelessly as he curled up under his covers contently sprawling out on his back.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:26 am

The boy perched on his bed, chewing roughly on his lip as his brows drew together in a worried expression.

He debated going downstairs to be with the other slaves. He doubted they would be much of a comfort, though. Fys wanted to curl up against someone he trusted; he wanted someone that he trusted to stroke him gently and chase away the bad thoughts.

With the fears swirling in his mind, the boy curled up into a tight little ball and tried to relax enough to sleep.

His thoughts keep him up for hours and when he finally did get to sleep, his dreams were plagued with horrors.

The boy screamed, his body thrashing and writhing in his bed, covers tangling around him.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:30 am

The boy's screaming woke Brynjolf and many other of the squad, as he jumped out of bed and opened the door others were doing the same.

As soon as he noticed that it was coming from Fys' room he sent them all back to bed, he could handle this.

Brynjolf stepped into the boy room, padding over to his slowly.

"Enfys, it's all right calm down, it's just a nightmare."

He moved in closer, kneeling by the boy's bed, untangling him as his hand moved to stroked the boy's sweat slicked forehead, stroking the hair out of his face as he tried to calm him.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 am

The boy's body flinched violently when he felt the man's hand touching his forehead, another scream tearing from his throat as he tried to get away.

Fys' eyes flew open as he fought away from the man, curling up into a small ball in the corner of his bed.

He panted heavily, staring at the older Elf with wide, panicked eyes.

The boy whimpered as tears spilled over his cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:11 am

"It's alright."

He muttered in a soft coo as he lifted his hands in the air, slowing the boy he wasn't a threat.

"Is it okay if I touch you?"

He asked as he watched the boy cry in the corner, he wanted to be able to sooth him but he wouldn't move unless the boy permitted it, he didn't want to scare Enfys more than he already was.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:13 am

The boy sniffled, wiping at his wet cheeks as his heavy panicked panting calmed slowly.

More tears rolled down his cheeks but he nodded a little, his body trembling as it stayed curled up into a small, defensive ball.

He wanted a gentle touch. Something to calm him down and draw him out of his little bubble of fear.

Fys sniffled again, burying his face in his knees.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:17 am

"You know I'm not going to hurt you, I just want a hug."

He muttered softly as he moved onto the bed, only the bottom of his body concealed in his pants as his arms slowly wrapped around the boy's shoulders, slowly pulling him in against his chest as he hugged the boy, his hand reaching up to stroke his head.

"You'll be alright, the dreams can't hurt you now that I'm here."

His voice was low and soothing, trying to lull him into being calm.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:21 am

The boy flinched when Bryn's arms wrapped around him gently, but nuzzled closer to the man when he hugged him.

Bryn was a gentle person. He didn't have to fear him.

"Thank you," he sniffled softly, rubbing at his wet cheeks again.

He was safe. He wasn't back at the tavern. He was safe here with Bryn. Bryn would protect him.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:24 am

"Come on, hug me back, we're going to lay down and relax."

He mutter, coaxing the boy to wrap his arms around him as he moved to lay both of them down, he wanted to get Enfys out of his little ball and let the tension ease out of his body.

"You don't have to thank me, we're family now, I'll stay with you like this every night until the dreams fade if that's what it takes. I don't want you to be afraid anymore."

He murmured, hugging the boy closer.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:29 am

The boys arms wrapped around the man when he was coxed to.

His face pressed into the man's neck as his body pressed against him. He was safe. Bryn was safe. Bryn wouldn't do anything to him. He wouldn't hurt him.

"Thank you," he murmured again, nuzzling closer to the man.

He didn't care how many times Bryn told him not to say thank you, he'd always be thankful for this. Always.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:34 am

Brynjolf pressed a soft kiss to the top of the boy's head as he held him close, he pitied the boy, what he had lived through must have been horrific to leave him in such a state.

"Just try to relax."

He murmured as his hands stroked back and forth over the boy's back, occasionally running up to stroke through his hair and he nuzzled against him.

Hopefully Fys would be able to sleep when he was around him like this, he didn't want the boy waking up in a panic whilst still in his arms, there was no telling what he would do if he were to lash out.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:38 am

The boy's body slowly relaxed as Bryn's hand stroked over his back.

The man had a strong, calming presence about him. It really helped the boy slowly begin to relax.

The boy doubted he'd be able to sleep any time soon, but he felt at least a little more relaxed than he had.

"It was a memory," the boy murmured, his voice hoarse from screaming.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:42 am

"You're not there anymore, Enfys, you are never going back there, I'd burn that tavern to the ground before I let you step foot in it."

The boy was safe with him, the memory was his past, it wouldn't be able to hurt him any longer.

His hands continued to work, stroking over the boy's back slowly, rubbing his shoulder blades with soft caresses.

Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 3:45 am

Fys smiled softly.

"Fyssie," he murmured softly, eyes sliding closed as he nuzzled closer to the man. "You can call me Fyssie." It was a nickname that only the people really close to him used. It was what his mother used to call him when he was just a child.

"Can I tell you about it?" he asked in a soft murmur.

He hoped that the memory wouldn't haunt him so much if he shared it with someone.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:57 pm

"Of course you can, Fyssie."

He replied, smiling as he muttered the nickname, it was cute, he was glad the boy wanted him to call him by it.

"I'm always here to listen."

He knew the boy's past must be haunting but he was happy to let him vent his problems.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:07 pm

The boy inhaled slowly.

"It was from when I was first bought to the tavern."

He nuzzled closer to the man. "A few weeks. I was new to it. I hadn't been a whore before. I... I killed him. One of my first...clients." He had said and done things after he was satisfied that made Fys cringe even now.

"They punished me," he whispered, hugging tighter to the man. "Whipped me. Canes and red hot chains."

Fys shuddered violently. "I still have the scars. The scars."
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:05 am

Brynjolf stayed quiet as the boy spoke, only holding him closer and rubbing his back reassuringly as he was hugged.

This wasn't his time to talk, this time belonged to Enfys, he needed to get this all out, talking about it and not bottling it up would mean that he could face it head on and begin to heal.

When the boy shuddered Bryn hugged him tight, cradling him in against his chest.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:10 am

"I can still hear their words," he murmured softly. "The names they called me."

His tongue ran over his dry lips as one arm loosed from around Bryn to press against the back of a thigh. "I remember the pain. Every whip. They made sure I wouldn't forget."

It hadn't stopped him, though. He'd killed pigs like that again when they had gone too far and he'd received the same punishment.

"Promise me I won't get punished like that again. That I won't get any more of those scars," he whispered in a voice so soft that he ould barely hear himself.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:14 am

"No matter what, no one here will ever raise a hand at you, I'd sooner take a beating myself then allow anyone to harm you."

He muttered, it was obvious by the tone of his voice that he was telling the complete truth, he wouldn't allow anyone to hurt Fyssie more than he already had been.

While under his protection the boy would not be given another one of those scars.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:16 am

"Thank you," he murmured softly.

The knowledge that Bryn would keep him safe from the one thing he feared above all else was such a relief to the boy that he felt his tears falling and a happy little smile curling his lips.

He was safe.

"Thank you. Thank you so much."
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:19 am

Bryn smiled back softly, his hand reaching up and wiping the tears from the boy's eyes gently.

"If you ever feel unsafe or scared, you can come to me."

That was a promise, he would keep the boy under his wing where no harm could come to him.

"I'll always be here to protect you."
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:22 am

"You're too nice," the boy sniffled softly.

This man was so selfless and nice. How did he manage it?

How did Brynjolf manage being such an amazing person all of the time? Already he had done so much for him and he was just giving him more and more with each passing day.

"Why are you doing all this for me? There are others down there that had it worse than me. Help them. They need it more."
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:30 am

Brynjolf shook his head, stroking the boy's hair gently.

"There are other like me here, others who are helping those that need it the most. People who are more qualified and can provide better help.

I don't usually get this hands on with those we bring back, I try to be distant so I can lead without being affected.

I sense something different in you though, I think you have the ability to do great things, and I want to be the one who helps you to reach your potential."
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:33 am

"You really think I can be great?"

The boy was trying his hardest to be great and help out as much as he could, but peoples standards are very different. Being great in his own eyes didn't mean being great in other peoples eyes.

Bryn wanted to help him reach that potential of being great in other peoples eyes.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:36 am

"I think you have the capacity to do more good in this world than I could ever hope to achieve, you've struggled and you've experienced what they have.

I've never been a slave, you called me out on that much before, I can't connect with them the way you would be able to.

I don't know the Elementals of Aedan like you do. Your greatness will come because you have know these terrors and overthrown them."

He truly believed that this boy could be exactly what the Elves of Aedan needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[C] Freedom
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elemental Conquest :: Charaon :: Áedán :: Small Towns and Villages-
Jump to: