Elemental Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elemental Conquest

Come and join the adventure

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[C] Freedom

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Enfys

[C] Freedom - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:39 am

The boy sniffled again, smiling up at Bryn.

"I want to do as much as I can to help. Anything I can."

No matter what little thing it was. If he could do anything to help, it would be a great achievement in his own eyes. He would become great by helping others overcome their demons.

The boy laid his head against Bryn's chest, eyes sliding closed.

"Tell me what I have to do."
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 am

"First you have to try and get to sleep."

He muttered softly, stroking the boy's hair gently before gliding his hand over his shoulders and back.

"One day you'll be like this, lulling someone you've saved to sleep and keeping their nightmares at bay, you'll make a real difference to countless lives."

He knew it was true, the boy already showed just how much he wanted to help.

"But first we have to conquer your demons, together."
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:52 am

The boy shook his head gently.

"Not yet." He didn't feel up to going back to sleep yet. He didn't want to return to those terrible nightmares.

"I have a lot of them," he murmured softly. He had so many experiences that he feared and hated. So much to overcome.

He didn't think he'd ever be able to conquer all of them.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:59 am

"You have to try." He coaxed, stroking the boy's shoulders.

"Neither of us will be much good running on only a few hours of sleep."

They needed to be well rested when they actually go to have sleep, there would be countless nights where they had to go without, as such they made up for it in times like these.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:01 am

The boy sighed softly.

He didn't particularly want to stay awake but that memory had shaken him and he didn't know whether he could get back to sleep again.

"Are we leaving again tomorrow?" he asked softly.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:04 am

"No, not yet."

He muttered softly shaking his head as he reached down and untangled the blanket, pulling it over the two of them.

"We need time to plan out our next mission and prepare everything we need, food, water, weapons, clothing.

Plus the horses need a break."
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:06 am

They'd be around for a few days, then.

That meant that he could get away with not having so much sleep tonight if he really couldn't fall asleep again.

"Can I look around tomorrow? I want to explore the town."

He wanted to get to know the area.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:09 am

"Of course you can, take the day to yourself, there wont be much work for you until we start getting ready to leave anyway.

Plus I think it's best that you have some time to yourself to process everything that has been happening the last few days, it has been a little bit full on."

He replied in a soft mutter.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:12 am

"A lot has happened," he agreed.

But he allowed a smile to curl his lips.

"None of it bad, though." The boy leaned up a little, pressing a kiss to Bryn's cheek. "Thank you," he repeated for the umpteenth time since he had been saved.

He didn't think he'd ever be able to say thank you enough.

The boy settled down with a little yawn and tried to fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:15 am

A small smile curled at Brynjolf's lips as his cheek was kissed, he doubted anyone in their squad would dare press a kiss to his face but despite it all, the boy was brave when he was around.

"One day you'll understand why I don't like being thanked."

He muttered with a chuckle as his own eyes slid shut with a yawn, he was tired but he would try to stay awake until Fyssie fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:19 am

The boy laid still in Bryn's arms.

He genuinely tried to fall asleep but his mind was holding him back.

Fys kept thinking over what he had gone through and he knew that sleep wouldn't come easily. He'd stay quiet, though. Perhaps if he was still long enough, Bryn would think he was asleep and get some sleep himself.

He didn't want Bryn staying up so long just for him. The man should be getting some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Brynjolf

Brynjolf

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:22 am

Brynjolf was awake for well over and hour after they stopped talking, trying to keep himself awake but inevitably he did fall asleep, his breathing leveling out to deep breaths.

His arms relaxed around the boy yet still held him close despite the man no longer being awake.

Even in his sleep he was protective of those close to him.
Back to top Go down
Enfys

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:24 am

Fys didn't move until he was certain Bryn was dead asleep.

When he was certain, he shifted a little so he was laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

It took him hours to get to sleep himself. But when he did, his chest rose and fell with even, calm breathing and he let out soft snores with every breath.

He had a dreamless sleep, wrapped in the older Elf's arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [C] Freedom   [C] Freedom - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[C] Freedom
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elemental Conquest :: Charaon :: Áedán :: Small Towns and Villages-
Jump to: